Energy Savings Program for Condominium Corporations
Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) will help eligible Alberta condominiums reduce emissions and decrease operating costs with their Energy Savings for Businesses (ESB) program.
Recognizing that time is money to Albertans, the program will offer streamlined applications, quick turnaround times, expanded technology lists and clear, timely, comprehensive information. ESB will give condo corps fast access to incentives for cost-effective efficiency measures:
The program offers incentives to install commercially available high-efficiency products and onsite energy generation technologies that meet their needs.
- Incentives of up to $250,000 are available per project
- Up to $500,000 per parent company
- Minimum project incentive amount of $1,000
- Funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis
The ready-made menu of incentives will save condo buildings time and money in developing their projects. A detailed listing and incentives amounts can be found on eralberta.ca/esb.
PRODUCTS ELIGIBLE FOR INCENTIVES:
A wide range of cost-effective, high-efficiency products and onsite energy generation technology are eligible for incentives through the program.
Measures most relevant to condo buildings include:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Water heating
- Lighting systems
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Building envelope and windows
Click here to download the 2 page brochure designed for condominum corporations.