Condominium Property Act & Regulations interpretations, condo plan matters, caveats, easements or any other topic where legal counsel should be contacted for assistance.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Does anyone have a Bylaw or Rules/Policies on regular babysitting in an adult only building. We have a situation where a grandchild is here almost daily, all day and frequently overnight. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks. Susan

Originally posted by Susan D

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

We have a bylaw in our +45 building that allows guests only 30 days at a time, and a max of 60 days in that year. aside from that they
      would be considered a occupant and would be required to meet the +45 age limit.

Ronald M on July 20 2018 at 08:22 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

I guess it depends on how the adult-only nature of the building is defined in your bylaws.

Alastair D on July 20 2018 at 11:07 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Are they creating a disturbance ? If not and the grand child is being a care give , If you go to court; I think that you would lose and may actually back fire on you.

Rod P on July 21 2018 at 10:47 AM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

The grandchild is screaming and running in the corridors. He is here almost every day, all day and often spends the night. The building is 40 and above. The people on the same floor are complaining about the constant noise all times of the day.

Susan D on July 21 2018 at 11:14 AM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Actually age discrimination is a big issue now unless your building is 55+. Do you have a noise bylaw?
      Have you tried talking to them about the fact that people buy into your building as it is adult only they don’t expect to have noisy children there. Other than keep sending them letters of complaint, there really isn’t much you can do. Sorry I know it’s frustrating.

shirley g on July 22 2018 at 08:55 AM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Susan D on July 22 2018 at 09:17 AM

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.