Please read first: Forum Guidelines and Requirements
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Who owns the Blueprints of Condominiums? Do they remain the property of the Builder?

Originally posted by Hope K November 12, 2017

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

You can go to “Archives” down town Edmonton and get all the copies you want or need for a small fee.

Don M on November 12 2017 at 09:09 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Thanks, Don, for that suggestion. Our building was built in 1993 and the builder turned over the blueprints to the first board. Whoever had them lost them, and we had a very hard time tracking down anything as neither the architect, nor the builder, nor the engineer kept them. We have cobbled together some bits but have never had a full set, and never had ‘as builts.’

Penny S on November 12 2017 at 10:36 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

From what I remember the city keeps these drawings for up to 10 years. If I was you I’d run and to see if they still have these.

Rafal D on November 13 2017 at 11:14 AM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

They are kept longer than 10 years, we went to the Archives three years ago and got ours & our building was built in 1993. I believe that these blue prints are kept for ever but don’t quote me on this. You should be able to check on line on how long these plans are kept.

Don M on November 13 2017 at 11:52 AM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

The large plan layouts can be difficult to store safely. Jensen Printing will take those drawings/plans and scan them onto a flash drive. This is so much easier for ease of access. Of course you still have the problem when a board member loses it so this makes it very easy to have a copy safely stored on the Corporation computer (if there is one). I do know that the City cannot always find plans when required so if you do get them better safe than sorry to have them on a flash drive. Cost is very reasonable for the long term benefit.
      Trudy A.

Trudy A on November 13 2017 at 03:34 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

The archives will put your blue prints onto a DVD when you order a copy of the hard copy, then you copy these to a flash drive & or two & store one in S.D.B. or on your back up external hard drive. Simple.

Don M on November 13 2017 at 06:36 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Appreciate all the feedback !

Hope K on November 15 2017 at 05:21 PM

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.