Thursday, May 16th, 2019
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
$35 + gst – CCI NAB Members
$45 + gst – General Public
Comprehending the NEW “Standard Insurable Unit Description”
One of the more welcomed insurance changes in the upcoming condominium legislation is the creation of the “Standard Insurable Unit Description”. Although the changes do not take effect until January 1, 2020 there is a lot of work to be done for corporations to be ready. Our insurance panel will assist attendees navigate the waters on such aspects as:
- How detailed do we have to be when creating the description?
- How do we determine what is standard and what is an improvement?
- If we are unable to get the proper information from the developer, what are our next steps?
- What are the various process options available to having the description approved and registered?
- Can we have multiple descriptions that applies to different types of units?
- How does this affect condo owners?
Get a leg up on the process and confirm your responsibilities regarding this new piece of legislation.
Presented by: Dawn Mitchell from HUB Insurance Brokers, Harold Weidman from Reliance Asset Consulting, Maeve Duggan from Skyline QS Consultants, and Paul Whitman from Diverse Claims Adjusters.