Please read first: Forum Guidelines and Requirements
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Posted by Donna S on April 30 2018 at 11:57 AM | 7 comments
      Our condo corporation in Bonnie Doon area of Edmonton has a couple of extra parking stalls in the heated underground parkade that are available for rent by residents. We charge $50 monthly, which seems awfully low compared to one other location that I am familiar with. Would you mind letting us know your monthly rental fee for an underground heated parkade stall? Thanks.

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

The going rate here at Parkview Manor is $50.00/month.

Kenneth F on April 30 2018 at 12:55 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Is Parkview Manor in Edmonton? In 2015 we rented an underground heated parking stall for $100 per month in Edmonton.

Donna S on April 30 2018 at 02:16 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Ours is $35.00 per month per stall.

Don M on April 30 2018 at 03:23 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

The owners here rent their parking stalls for anywhere from $40. to $100. Per month. The $100.being a little on the high side.

shirley g on May 01 2018 at 08:17 AM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Our current rate is $80/mo. We are in Oliver where parking is hard to find.

Brenda J on May 01 2018 at 06:58 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

We are a small 30 unit condo and have three extra spots which we rent for $25.00 per month. We do not feel a need to gouge our unit owners when we have the space available. At this point we only have three owners that require additional space.

Susan C on May 02 2018 at 07:24 AM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

If it’s to be rented by a resident who owns the spot, as long as the bylaws don’t restrict the rental, I’d suggest they can rent it for whatever they can get for it ($50 seems low depending on your location). One issue I had when I rented my parking space (in Toronto) was that I had to give the renter a key fob so they could get access into the building. If you don’t have a ‘policy’ in place regarding your parking spaces or how to manage access to non-residents, it might be wise to require the unit owner to provide the contact name and details from the parking spot renter (similar to the need for the information on a tenant being required). I don’t think you’d need to include this in a bylaw change, a policy that clarifies it should suffice.

Chris V on May 02 2018 at 09:38 PM

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.