Bylaw enforcement, policies, communication, owner/tenant/board issues, etc.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Does anyone have something in their bylaws or polices that helps protect Board members and Property Managers from verbal threats and harassment by owner or tenants?

Originally posted by Lisa J

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Depending on the nature of the threats and harassment, you may want to seek the advice of your local Police Service.

Maurice P on June 21 2018 at 03:28 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

I agree with what Maurice said. Our policy is not to publish board members’ contact information, which mostly works for us, but the Property Manager needs to be available. I believe there have been some incidents at their office, but that’s outside the purview of condo bylaws.

Robin W on June 21 2018 at 03:51 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

After being verbally harassed and numerous intimidation tactics I suffered from our former Board President, I finally had to file a complaint with the EPS. They spoke to this individual who acknowledged their wrong doings and admitted to saying things to me that should not have been said and everything has been great since then. The EPS will decide if the threats and harassment warrants a complaint. I didn’t want to go that route and I never spoke to this individual nor did I reply to the threats and harassment I endured but after a crazy park job blocking my vehicle in, enough was enough and I called EPS. By then I had numerous incidents to validate a complaint being made.

Darlene I on June 21 2018 at 04:28 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

Sorry to hear you had to go through that. Glad you were able to get it resolved but its unfortunate you had to get police involved.

Lisa J on June 21 2018 at 04:41 PM

CCI Admin
      Keymaster

We have a policy on acceptable behavior stating that abusive behaviors (including verbal, physical, or any other type of abuse) towards any member of our community (owner, board member, occupant or condominium manager), for any reason, will not be tolerated. Our bylaws make reference to not causing a nuisance or using common property in a manner that interferes with the use and enjoyment of the property.

Debbie L on June 24 2018 at 08:04 AM

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.