Saturday, March 28th, 2020
9:30 AM – 10:00 Registration & Networking
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM Presentation
$45 + GST (For group rates or CCI Member discount please contact the CCI North Alberta office at (780) 453-9004 or email email@example.com)
With the significant changes to the condominium legislation in Alberta that took effect on January 1, 2020, we are bringing our educational sessions to Grande Prairie to provide an overview of the latest updates. With the final legislation changes announced in December, condominium boards and managers have a lot to digest and address in a short period of time to be in compliance with the current Condominium Property Act and Regulation.
Condominium lawyer Todd Shipley and Executive Director Alan Whyte will discuss the most recent changes and the ramifications they bring as well as recap the previously announced revisions that are now in effect.
Keys areas of discussion will include but are not limited to
- Document disclosure, fees and retention periods
- General Meeting notification, proxy and minute requirements
- Insurance claims, standard insurable unit description and crime coverage
- Rules, sanctions and bylaw enforcement
- Reserve fund report requirements and provider qualifications
Following the legislation updates, we will touch on the recent surge in insurance premiums and get some audience feedback on the current state of insurance coverage for condominiums.